Thanksgiving is around the corner and it's one of the most anticipated meals of the year. If your family is anything like mine, the event starts in the morning for a feast that lasts throughout the day and consists of enough food to feed a regiment.
So, want to make sure that you still fit into your pants on Friday? Follow these tips
1. Don't skip breakfast or lunch- Be sure to make eating a healthy breakfast part of your Thanksgiving eating plan. Eat solid yet light meals so your feast isn’t the first bite of food in the day.
2. Veggies for appetizers are always a good idea- Skip the fatty, cheesy appetizers and stick with the crudités. Raw vegetables are not only low in calories, they are high in fiber, which will help you detox after your big meal.
3. Chat it up- One easy way to slow down and enjoy your meal is to talk to your neighbors. Thanksgiving is all about friends and family so take the time to catch up with your loved ones.
4. Have a piece of pie, but just one- Apple, pecan, pumpkin — no Thanksgiving meal is complete without a taste of pie. But you don’t need a piece of each kind. Grab a slice and savor each bite.
5. Leftovers- Probably the best part of Thanksgiving, am I right? Remind yourself that you will see this food again, most likely the following day so no need to cram every last bite of sweet potato with marshmallows in. Turkey is great hot or cold and all the fixings reheat nicely. Just be sure to toss the pie after a day or two – no need to keep the sweet temptation around for too long!
Posted by Lauren on 11/23/2016 | 4:42 PM |
Add/View Comments (0)