Anyone who knows me, can tell you that I love to travel. I have been traveling internationally since I was 8-years old. 18 different countries and 37 states later, I might know a little about clothing must-haves when traveling. For over a month I wandered throughout Southeast Asia with only a small backpack which held all my belongings. I did not have any cute Tory Burch shoes or Free People dresses, but if space is limited a few fashion statements can make all the difference.
1. Scarves- Spice up a plain shirt with a scarf. (We can all get tired of the same old same old, but a scarf can make all the difference.) Also when the evening becomes chilly, a scarf makes a great wrap.
2. Wrinkle free dress- Face it, traveling can be rushed and no one has time for a wrinkly dress. Wrinkle free dresses saves a lot of time and energy.
3. Dressy outfit- You may be going on vacation to bum on the beach, but you never know if something informal becomes formal. It is better to be prepared. I cannot tell you enough how many times this tip has come in handy. (My grandpa even uses this tip and always brings a just-in-case tie.)
4. Ballet Flats- Perfect slipping on and off for airport security or for a nice dinner out on the town!
5. Flexible necklaces and earrings- basic colors or simple patterns in jewelry are always great to match up to your travel-wear!
Side note: For long trips (backpacking) in particular you'll need to choose fabrics that can wash and dry quickly and easily...I learned that the hard way!
Posted by Petra on 6/12/2015 | 4:54 PM |
Add/View Comments (1)